Friday, October 26, 2007

Today they were actually able to go up to the property. I will post the pictures as soon as I get them. I was on the phone with them as they went through the rubble. Not much remains. My mom said it looks like a war zone. They found a bocce ball which they were excited about. Before the fire Jay and Nick moved my dad's truck and Jay's jeep to a graded out area next door so the cars were okay. I can't say the same thing about the old green van. But it didn't work anyway. In Jay's jeep he found a pair of shoes, Nick's flip flops, my mom's ipod, and some skate board wheels. There were still some smouldering spot's in the house. The chimney was knocked over. The foundation still stands filled with ash. Just a bunch of frames of things like the trailer, quads, golf cart, canoe... stuff like that. All the trees are gone. They said it looks like the winds were so strong that they pulled some of the trees out of the ground. A few skeletons of trees left. The pool is still there. A bench flew into the pool still in tact. They found tiles, nails, and other stuff like that. They talked to my neighbor who's house was untouched. He said there were fire fighters up there trying to do something but it got too dangerous and were ordered to leave. I wish I was there so I could explain more but that is what they told me. My dad has been at FEMA for a while so I haven't been able to talk to them since they scanned the property. I will report more later. Also there were 22 houses on our road and 11 burned. Thank you so much for your thought and prayers. Everyone is doing good.

No comments: