Sunday, October 28, 2007

An appraiser went up to the property today and things are looking pretty good. My dad said that they already got some money today and are getting the rest next week. The value of the house and the contents are all covered. Up to 20% is covered for the landscaping and avocado orchard and any kind of shed or outside area. He said they will also cover rent for housing for the next 2 years. My dad thinks they may take that money and put a trailer on the property and start building right away. They don't know yet. But everything is getting taken care of. The schools reopen on Tuesday for the kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley thanks so much for the updates - it's made me feel much relief for your family's plight that our government and the insurance co. are being so helpful. I'm sure that the outpouring of love and help is because of the type of parents you have - loving and kind - it's all payback and they deserve it. By the way - tell your dad he should bring a little Ojai lore to SD County and be "Char Man" for Halloween, sorry for my bad sense of humor, it's in my blood and I can't help myself. Love, Montelle

The Hunt Family said...

Hey Ash, I'm glad things are going better for your family. Let me know what we can do! Love you guys!
Vanessa